What Is School Records | What Is Records
The PDF of this post can be downloaded from the links given below.
“Record means a written record of a plan, that is, to record a work permit.”
If this record is related to the school then it is called school record.
Being related to the school means keeping a regular account of the progress of various aspects in the school – teachers, students, staff, student admissions, examinations, library and academic and co-educational activities etc. This gives information about various aspects regarding the school. All these records are called records.
Co-ordination has to be done in teachers, students, parents and government institutions etc. for the success of the school. Many articles and records have to be maintained for this coordination. These records show what the history of the school is. How did the school progress and what are the direction and condition of development.
Therefore, society is an important aspect in the establishment of a school. For its sustainability it is necessary that the school has its own history and traditions. All this requires that the school’s accounts be kept regular.
KIND OF RECORDS
Following types of records are to be maintained by the school:-
1. GENERAL RECORDS-
i) General register
ii) Log book
iii) Visitor’s book
iv) Staff record
v) Public relations record
2. RECORDS OF TEACHERS-
i) Service book
ii) Attendance register
iii) Leave register
iv) Confidential register
v) Teacher’s diary
3. RECORDS OF PUPIL-
i) Attendance register
ii) School leaving certificate
iii) Cumulative record card
iv) Admission record
v) Performance record
4. FINANCIAL RECORDS-
i) Daily cash book
iii) Contingency register
iv) Register of fee collection
v) Register of donations received
5. STATISTICAL DATA– Statistical information related to pupil enrollment, sex ratio, sex-wise distribution of pupils, pupil-staff ratio, cost per student, failure, records etc.
ADVANTAGES & MAINTENANCE OF RECORDS
Advantages of records:
There are following advantages of maintaining records in schools:
- The school records help to submit to the Department of Education.
- School records help to judge the progress of the pupils on the rolls, their strengths and weakness and help the teachers and parents to bring about desirable changes.
- The records also help to know the educational achievements of a particular school or even locality.
- School records help in the development of healthy relationship between school and home.
- Progress report helps teachers and parents evaluate the pupil’s achievements and progress.
Maintenance of records:
For maintaining records followings should be kept in mind:
- Ensure that an alphabetical admission register is kept and that corrections and original entries are distinguishable.
- Keep curricular records for each pupil.
- Ensure all records are preserved as required.
- Make an individual pupil’s educational record available to parents within 15 days of receiving a written request.
- Pages of records should be numbered.
- Records should be kept neat and tidy, overwriting should be avoided.
MAINTENANCE OF PROGRESS REPORT
While preparing the progress reports following should be taken:
- Entries such as name of the student, date of birth, admission number, roll no., Father’s name,etc should be made.
- Marks scored by students should be clearly mentioned.
- Grades should be written against the curricular activity section.
- In the “Remark” section feedback of teacher should be written.
- Report cards should be signed by the head of the school and class teacher.
The term ‘Report Card’ is used to describe any systematic listening and evaluation of something for information.
A report card communicates a student’s performance academically. Report card is issued by the student or the student’s parents once to four times a year.
Traditional school report cards contain a section for teachers to record individual comments about the students work and behaviour.
For Download – Click Here
- संचयी अभिलेख (cumulative record)- अर्थ, परिभाषा, आवश्यकता और महत्व, उद्देश्य, विशेषताएँ, उपयोग, लाभ, सीमाएं (हानी)
- Cumulative record- meaning and definition, importance/need and purpose, uses-advantages-disadvantages
- अभिलेख- अभिलेखों की आवश्यकता , अभिलेखों के प्रकार , अभिलेखों का रखरखाव , निष्कर्ष
- पंजिका- पंजिका की आवश्यकता , पंजिका के प्रकार , पंजिका का रखरखाव , निष्कर्ष
- परीक्षा फल के बारे में जानकारी (Information about Report card)
- उपस्थिति पंजिका तथा उनके प्रकार (Attendance register and their types)
- सम्प्रेषण (Communication)- सम्प्रेषण की प्रकृति एवं विशेषताएँ, सम्प्रेषण की प्रक्रिया, सम्प्रेषण के प्रकार
- ब्लूम के शैक्षिक उद्देश्य का वर्गीकरण (Bloom’s Classification of objectives) ब्लूम टेक्सोनॉमी (bloom’s taxonomy in Hindi)
- अभिभावक शिक्षक संघ (Parent Teacher Association in hindi -PTA)- कार्य, आवश्यकता, लाभ, उद्देश्य, शिक्षक तथा अभिभावक की भूमिका
- अभिभावक शिक्षक संघ (PTA meeting in hindi)
- विद्यालय प्रार्थना सभा (School Assembly)
- What is SCHOOL REGISTER
- PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION | What is PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Disclaimer: sarkariguider.com is created only for the purpose of education and educational sector. sarkariguider.com does not own this book/materials, neither created nor scanned. We provide the links which is already available on the internet. For any quarries, Disclaimer are requested to kindly contact us, We assured you we will do our best. We do not support piracy, this copy was provided for students who are financially troubled but deserving to learn. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us- email@example.com