Swami Dayanand Saraswati’s important contribution in social reform
Swami Dayanand Saraswati- In India, whenever there has been any disturbance in religion and society and life has gone on the path of degradation, then there has been some devotion on this sacred land. Swami Dayanand’s name is also included in such personalities. He played an important role in removing the darkness of ignorance prevailing in the society. He awakened the self-language and self-respect of recognizing the national language Hindi. Swami Dayanand was born at a time when the country was surrounded by crises and disasters. People were compelled to live in an atmosphere of inhumanity by foreign rulers, with all kinds of rights under their control. Swami Dayanand ji, after studying the anti-human activities seriously, determined to uproot them.
Swami Dayanand Saraswati ji was born in 1824 in a village called Tankara in Maurvi, Gujarat state. His father’s name was Karshan ji. They were among the big zamindars of the village. Swami Dayanand ji’s childhood name was Moolshankar, the boy Moolshankar was brilliant since childhood, and Swamiji’s early education was in Sanskrit. At the age of 14, Moolshankar had memorized many scriptures and texts.
His father was a worshiper of Shaivism, one day, Mool Shankar went to Shivalaya with his father on Shiva night. He listened to Shiva’s companionship during an overnight awakening. Many people slept during Jagran but Moolshankar kept listening to Jagran. During this time, he saw a rat eating a bhaiya on a statue of Shivji. Seeing this incident, many doubts arose in Moolshankar’s mind. These doubts were resolved by his father but he could not be satisfied with anything of his father. A few days later, his fourteen-year-old sister died. Both these events left a deep impact on Moolshankar’s mind. And they became oriented towards disinterest. Seeing this condition of Moolshankar, his family started preparing for their marriage. He came to Ahmedabad on foot after leaving home one day while preparing for marriage. A few days after his stay here, he stayed in Baroda. After two years’ excursion, Moolshankar met Dandi Ravami Purnanand Saraswati. He methodically retired Moolshankar. After this, his name changed to Dayanand Saraswati instead of Moolshankar. After this, Swami Dayanand reached Mathura by touring various pilgrimage sites, religious places and revered areas. Here Swami ji got connected with the great yogi and saint Swami Virjanand ji, Swami Dayanand made Swami Virjanand ji his Guru and under his leadership he studied Vedas for 35 years. But he ordered Swami Dayanand as Guru Dakshina to go now, and remove all the darkness of ignorance spread in the country. Accepting the Guru’s order, Dayanand ji went on a tour of the country to discharge his responsibilities.
Swami Dayanand Saraswati ji established the first Arya Samaj in Mumbai while touring various parts of the country. Opposing superstitions and orthodoxies, they opposed idolatry. Swami Ji composed a great and all-pervasive religion text, ‘Satyarth Prakash’. Apart from this, he had the best books called ‘Bhumika Bhugu’, ‘Behav Bhanu’ and Vedang Prakash. Some people who called Swamiji as the contractor of religion, who were seen to be losing their contractual rights, also hatched many conspiracies of killing Swamiji. According to this conspiracy, when he visited the King of Jodhpur, he was poisoned by a prostitute in milk. Due to which he died.
Swami Dayanand Saraswati ji emphasized celibacy. He described the age of marriage as 25 years for the boy and 16 years for the girl. Swamiji was a staunch opponent of child marriage. He said that this would not only lead to social decline but also attributed it to the root cause of widowhood. He said that child marriage gives rise to power inferiority and it is natural to die at a young age. Swami ji supported widow marriage and remarriage.
- भारतीय संविधान की विशेषताएँ
- जेट प्रवाह (Jet Streams)
- चट्टानों के प्रकार
- भारतीय जलवायु की प्रमुख विशेषताएँ (SALIENT FEATURES)
- Indian Citizenship
- अभिभावक शिक्षक संघ (PTA meeting in hindi)
- कम्प्यूटर का इतिहास (History of Computer)
- कम्प्यूटर की पीढ़ियाँ (Generations of Computer)
- कम्प्यूटर्स के प्रकार (Types of Computers )
- अमेरिका की क्रांति
- माया सभ्यता
- हरित क्रान्ति क्या है?
- हरित क्रान्ति की उपलब्धियां एवं विशेषताएं
- हरित क्रांति के दोष अथवा समस्याएं
- द्वितीय हरित क्रांति
- भारत की प्रमुख भाषाएँ और भाषा प्रदेश
- वनों के लाभ (Advantages of Forests)
- श्वेत क्रान्ति (White Revolution)
- ऊर्जा संकट
- प्रमुख गवर्नर जनरल एवं वायसराय के कार्यकाल की घटनाएँ
- INTRODUCTION TO COMMERCIAL ORGANISATIONS
- Parasitic Protozoa and Human Disease
- गतिक संतुलन संकल्पना Dynamic Equilibrium concept
- भूमण्डलीय ऊष्मन( Global Warming)|भूमंडलीय ऊष्मन द्वारा उत्पन्न समस्याएँ|भूमंडलीय ऊष्मन के कारक
- भूमंडलीकरण (वैश्वीकरण)
- मानव अधिवास तंत्र
- इंग्लॅण्ड की क्रांति
- प्राचीन भारतीय राजनीति की प्रमुख विशेषताएँ
- प्रथम अध्याय – प्रस्तावना
- द्वितीय अध्याय – प्रयागराज की भौगोलिक तथा सामाजिक स्थित
- तृतीय अध्याय – प्रयागराज के सांस्कृतिक विकास का कुम्भ मेल से संबंध
- चतुर्थ अध्याय – कुम्भ की ऐतिहासिक एवं सांस्कृतिक पृष्ठभूमि
- पंचम अध्याय – गंगा नदी का पर्यावरणीय प्रवाह और कुम्भ मेले के बीच का सम्बंध